I’m starting to develop some niche and sub-niche classified sites using wordpress and thought I’d share my research.
Nowadays, WordPress boundary has been pushed each days to a new level to improve WordPress usability.
Besides using WordPress for blogging purposes, theme developers has pushed themselves to bring new dimension into WordPress world.
Started from magazine theme for WordPress, the trend then has gone towards newspaper WordPress theme such as from Gabfire. The trend then has changed into more ‘out-of-the-box’ idea such as to make WordPress into online store, auction site, classified site and even replicating Yahoo Answer through WordPress theme.
So, today I would like to share with you the trend setter i.e. the developers of changing WordPress theme into well-functioning, well-designed and user friendly classified site through WordPress theme.
The Top 3 WordPress Classified Themes Developers You Must Know are:
ClassiPress is the first and premium WordPress theme designed to easily turn your Web site into a classified ads system. This feature-rich theme was built for ease of use and tight integration with WordPress so you’ll be online and selling classified ads on your site within minutes.
- Customer Dashboard – Now your customers have one place where they can login and view, edit, and pause all their ads. Again, no need for them to access your WordPress back office. It’s easy for them to see the status of each one of their ads line by line.
- Category-Level Pricing – You can set individual prices for each category with no limitations. You can also have free categories if you set the price equal to zero.
- Percentage-Based Pricing – The ad cost will depend on what the item listing price is. Great for larger priced items and gives you profit.
- Editing – Your customers can now edit/pause their own ads from a custom page without ever having to see your WordPress back office. Not only does this provide better security, it makes your site look much more professional.
- Customer Profile Page – Make your site more interactive and personal with customer profiles. Now any registered customer can update their own info, change password, upload a picture, and much more. Anyone viewing their ad can click on the authors name to see their profile page. This feature leverages the WordPress author page functionality without providing access to your WordPress back office.
- Embed Video – It’s now easy for your customers to include videos in their classified ads. ClassiPress supports YouTube, Google Video, MetaCafe, Vimeo or any site that provides “embed” code.
- Google Maps – See exactly where each ad listing is physically located. This feature utilizes the Google Maps API so each ad will show a map of the item location. Accurate down to the street number.