Do you know how to Leverage your social media marketing plan to maximize your business exposure to the internet?
Social networking is the latest revolution in online advertising and it continually surprises me how few leverage its potential. It is relatively simple to set up and once you reach critical mass, the results from social media marketing are awesome.
Read on to find steps on setting up your social network.
1. Set up a business page on Facebook. This is relatively simple to achieve. Sign up to Facebook and set-up a personal page. You would then set up your social media marketing page by establishing either a group or a page. My personal recommendation is to set up your social media marketing plan as a page. Complete as much information in the business information tabs as possible and remember to link back to your main website.
2. Set up a profile on twitter. Go to the Twitter home page and select “New User”. Twitter is currently the fastest growing community on the internet. Complete the relevant information and verify your account. The next step is to search twitter for users interested in similar ideas as your business. There are a number of options you can target your social media marketing prospects, from your contacts lists to keyword searches. Take your time and add as many new contacts as time permits.
3. Visit LinkedIn and make a new profile. Linked in often gets users searching for individuals/business for work so it is key to make sure that you completely fill out the details required for a complete profile. This will leverage your social media marketing opportunity and ensure your LinkedIn prospects know what you are about.
4. Join Digg and begin to submit the pages of your website to the Digg Community.
5. Join StumbleUpon and submit pages from your website. This is one of the largest source of traffic early in your websites development and it is important that you maximise the power this resource has to offer to leverage social media marketing.
6. Add buttons to your website that will enable you to link from your website to each of these to your Social networking profiles. there are widgets and banners available at each of the Social Network Marketing sites that you can simply cut and paste into your website to Leverage the Power of this Medium
If you follow these 6 steps to Social Media Marketing you will be well on your way to leveraging the power of this marketing strategy.
Simon Maselli is a Progressive, innovative, energetic and diversely experienced Entrepreneur, and Professional Deal Maker with more than 16 years success as a Leader/Project Manager on multi-million dollar projects with some of the top ASX listed companies in Australia.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Simon_J._Maselli